Monday, September 21, 2009

TEAM's Db4o Management Studio v0.1.0 is out

Many times in the latest couple of months I've found my self hoping for a tool that would allow me to inspect a db4o database without using the classes that were used to save the data.

One of these situations is when I'm migrating an old classes' schema into a new one, and I really need to see what's inside the database to implement the migration.

After so much hoping and dissapointment on the Db4o Object Manager, I decided to implement a simple tool to do the job. The result is a very simple (and crude) application.

Don't expect anything fancy, but please, send any comments and suggestions, and feel free to copy the idea and make a better tool. The db4o community will thank you.

You can get the application from sourceforge here

No comments: